Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Vero Beach to Lake Worth











Alas, we are back on our way again. Joe & Kathy arrived yesterday, and we left this morning at 8:45, stopping for a pumpout and fueling. Another sunny, warm day. We will be at anchor tonight in North Palm Beach. Gonna cook burgers on the grill. We have enough food & drink on board to last us 2 months -- shopped for 3 days at Publix. I rode one of the motorized carts each day, so now I'm an expert cart driver. Each day I get better & better and have a lot more strength. I have a torn miniscus, and have it attended to in April when we get back to Maryland.



This is a picture of a great blue heron that was cruising the docks at our marina, looking for fish in the water. He was there everyday, so must live nearby. We could get about 10 feet from it and then it would either walk or fly away. It has a fish in its throat in the pic. Yesterday it walked by our boat and I was sitting in the cockpit just a few feet away. As long as I didn't move the heron didn't get spooked.


No comments:

Post a Comment